Saturday 4 November 2023

The Priesthood... Kapłaństwo...

 


Matthew 23:1-12

They do not practise what they preach

Addressing the people and his disciples Jesus said, ‘The scribes and the Pharisees occupy the chair of Moses. You must therefore do what they tell you and listen to what they say; but do not be guided by what they do: since they do not practise what they preach. They tie up heavy burdens and lay them on men’s shoulders, but will they lift a finger to move them? Not they! Everything they do is done to attract attention, like wearing broader phylacteries and longer tassels, like wanting to take the place of honour at banquets and the front seats in the synagogues, being greeted obsequiously in the market squares and having people call them Rabbi.
  ‘You, however, must not allow yourselves to be called Rabbi, since you have only one master, and you are all brothers. You must call no one on earth your father, since you have only one Father, and he is in heaven. Nor must you allow yourselves to be called teachers, for you have only one Teacher, the Christ. The greatest among you must be your servant. Anyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and anyone who humbles himself will be exalted.’


    Looking at the teaching of Jesus, we see the general rule, he used to preach to people, who were willing to listen to him. The Gospel of today departs from the mainstream, and the Lord focuses on the Pharisees and Scribes, the people of the Jewish elite, and those, who should have brought the good testimony of faith. 

Christ noticed their wickedness and betrayal of vocation, and the reaction of the Son of God was clear. He warned the people, no to choose the same way of hypocrisy and ambiguity of the leaders of Israel. 

Standing before the challenge of the Gospel, I want to depart from the main habit of teaching of all of us, but to focus on my person, as the priest of Christ, to do my examen of conscience. I can respond for myself only. 

 

Since I have been ordained, 20 years ago, I was experiencing a lot of things, those positive and negative. We say, a man learns tackling with his success and errors. I remember, on the day of my ordination, I heard the words of a narrator, that everyone, new priest, we are like a clay vessel, which might be broken easily, and in this vessel is hidden the gift and grace of Lord. The conclusion of these words was, to pray for candidates to the priesthood, that nobody can be fallen and destroyed. 

One of my favourite saints, St. John Maria Vianney used to say; I want to be the floor, on which the people will be following God, it is an exemplative image of the ordination, the deacons are lying on the ground, praying in the attitude of humility, to bring men to God. 

So, every priest is a ground, leading to God. Indeed, such a difficult task, we are human. I experience every day, I am man, with my affliction, emotion and feeling. It makes me aware; I am so far from God and idea of the Christ’s priesthood. My tardiness and attachment to the materialistic world is so big, that I am unable to follow to God and imitate the priesthood in 100 %. 

I find myself in St. Paul’s words, who wrote in the Letter of the Romans: For I do not do the good I want, but I do the evil I do not want. Rm 7,19. 

The human conformism moves me away from the zeal of a God’s servant. These things make me as a deteriorated floor to God. 

The teaching of Jesus encourages me, to say sorry, I apologue for lack of being the good servant of God and Church. For, I may have disappointed you in many times. Especially, I want to say, sorry for not being consistent to this, I have been preaching to this of what I am doing, for the dualism of my work in the vineyard of the Lord, and for my judgemental language. 

Thanks be to God for the Gospel today, making me aware, how much I need to do. Pray for me, please. 




(Mt 23, 1-12) 
Jezus przemówił do tłumów i do swych uczniów tymi słowami: "Na katedrze Mojżesza zasiedli uczeni w Piśmie i faryzeusze. Czyńcie więc i zachowujcie wszystko, co wam polecą, lecz uczynków ich nie naśladujcie. Mówią bowiem, ale sami nie czynią. Wiążą ciężary wielkie i nie do uniesienia i kładą je ludziom na ramiona, lecz sami palcem ruszyć ich nie chcą. Wszystkie swe uczynki spełniają w tym celu, żeby się ludziom pokazać. Rozszerzają swoje filakterie i wydłużają frędzle u płaszczów. Lubią zaszczytne miejsca na ucztach i pierwsze krzesła w synagogach. Chcą, by ich pozdrawiano na rynkach i żeby ludzie nazywali ich Rabbi. A wy nie pozwalajcie nazywać się Rabbi, albowiem jeden jest wasz Nauczyciel, a wy wszyscy jesteście braćmi. Nikogo też na ziemi nie nazywajcie waszym ojcem; jeden bowiem jest Ojciec wasz, Ten w niebie. Nie chciejcie również, żeby was nazywano mistrzami, bo jeden jest tylko wasz Mistrz, Chrystus. Największy z was niech będzie waszym sługą. Kto się wywyższa, będzie poniżony, a kto się poniża, będzie wywyższony".


    Patrząc na nauczanie Jezusa, widzimy ogólną zasadę, że zwykł on głosić ludziom, którzy chcieli go słuchać. Dzisiejsza Ewangelia odchodzi od głównego nurtu, a Pan skupia się na faryzeuszach i uczonych w Piśmie, na ludziach elity żydowskiej i na tych, którzy powinni byli nieść dobre świadectwo wiary.

Mimo tego obowiązku Chrystus dostrzegł ich niegodziwość i zdradę powołania, a reakcja Syna Bożego była jasna. Ostrzegał lud, aby nie wybierali tej samej drogi hipokryzji i dwuznaczności, jaką stosują przywódcy Izraela.

Stojąc przed wyzwaniem Ewangelii, podobnie jak Jezus, chcę odejść od głównego zwyczaju nauczania nas wszystkich, ale skupić się na mojej osobie jako kapłanie Chrystusa, aby dokonać rachunku sumienia. Mogę odpowiedzieć tylko za siebie.

 

Odkąd zostałem wyświęcony 20 lat temu, doświadczałem wielu rzeczy, tych pozytywnych i negatywnych. Mówimy, że człowiek się uczy, zmagając się ze swoimi sukcesami i błędami. Pamiętam, że w dniu moich święceń usłyszałam słowa narratora, że my wszyscy, nowi kapłani, jesteśmy jak gliniane naczynie, które można łatwo rozbić, a w tym naczyniu kryje się dar i łaska Pana. Konkluzja tych słów jest jasna, modląc się za kandydatów do kapłaństwa, to prośba, aby nikt z nich nie upadł i został zniszczony.

Jeden z moich ulubionych świętych, św. Jan Maria Vianney zwykł mawiać; chcę być podłogą, po której ludzie będą podążać za Bogiem, jest to przykładowy obraz święceń, diakoni leżą na ziemi i modlą się w postawie pokory, aby ludzi doprowadzić do Boga.

Zatem każdy kapłan jest „gruntem” prowadzącym do Boga. Rzeczywiście, to trudne zadanie, jesteśmy ludźmi. Doświadczam każdego dnia, jestem człowiekiem ze swoimi cierpieniami, emocjami i uczuciami. To mi uświadamia; jak jestem tak daleko od Boga i idei kapłaństwa Chrystusowego. Moje przywiązanie do materialistycznego świata jest tak duże, że nie jestem w stanie w 100% naśladować Boga i Jego kapłaństwa.

Odnajduję się w słowach św. Pawła, który napisał w Liście do Rzymian: „Nie czynię bowiem dobra, którego chcę, ale czynię zło, którego nie chcę”. Rz. 7,19.

Konformizm ludzki oddala mnie od gorliwości sługi Bożego. Te rzeczy czynią mnie zniszczoną podłogą przed Bogiem.

Nauczanie Jezusa zachęca mnie do przeprosin, przepraszam za brak bycia dobrym sługą Boga i Kościoła. Być może zawiodłem Cię wiele razy. Szczególnie chcę powiedzieć, przepraszam, że nie jestem konsekwentny, w tym co głosiłem, i to co czynię, że dualizm mojej pracy w Winnicy Pańskiej i mój osądzający język.

Dziękuję Bogu za dzisiejszą Ewangelię, która mnie „otrzeźwia”, widząc, jak wiele jeszcze mam do zrobienia. Módlcie się za mnie, proszę.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

The vine and the branch... Drzewo i winorośl...

John 15:1-8 I am the vine, you are the branches Jesus said to his disciples: ‘I am the true vine, and my Father is the vinedresser. Every br...