Saturday 6 May 2023

The Way, The Life and the Truth... Droga, Prawda i Życie...

 

John 14:1-12

I am the Way, the Truth and the Life

Jesus said to his disciples:
‘Do not let your hearts be troubled.
Trust in God still, and trust in me.
There are many rooms in my Father’s house;
if there were not, I should have told you.
I am going now to prepare a place for you,
and after I have gone and prepared you a place,
I shall return to take you with me;
so that where I am
you may be too.
You know the way to the place where I am going.’
Thomas said, ‘Lord, we do not know where you are going, so how can we know the way?’ Jesus said:
‘I am the Way, the Truth and the Life.
No one can come to the Father except through me.
If you know me, you know my Father too.
From this moment you know him and have seen him.’
Philip said, ‘Lord, let us see the Father and then we shall be satisfied.’ ‘Have I been with you all this time, Philip,’ said Jesus to him ‘and you still do not know me?
‘To have seen me is to have seen the Father,
so how can you say, “Let us see the Father”?
Do you not believe
that I am in the Father and the Father is in me?
The words I say to you I do not speak as from myself:
it is the Father, living in me, who is doing this work.
You must believe me when I say
that I am in the Father and the Father is in me;
believe it on the evidence of this work, if for no other reason.
I tell you most solemnly,
whoever believes in me
will perform the same works as I do myself,
he will perform even greater works,

because I am going to the Father.’


The Gospel of the 5th Sunday of Easter introduces us into time when Jesus was aware of his Passion and Death. He wanted to give a hope and strength to them, to those, who might have doubted in his mission. 

 

He said to them; I am going to my Father, do not be afraid, because there are a lot of rooms in my Father’s Kingdom. The Lord knew their mental condition, they were still weak and fragile, and not stable in faith. 

 

Today Christ wants to do the same because we are not so different from the Apostles. Of course, we have our own problems, they had own, but the nature of the lack of stability is the same. We, the people of the XXI century experience the crisis of faith and the certainty of our Christian dignity. 

 

Jesus calls himself, as the Way, the Life, and the Truth. This sentence contains the whole dignity of God. Christ is the Way, it means, he is the only person, who leads to the Father. He said, I and the Father are one, if you want to see the Father, come to him through me. All it means about the sole work of Salvation through Christ. 

 

Jesus is the Life, he gives the real taste of life, his peace and joy is natural, not artificial, if someone lives in him, there is no way to exist without his peace and joy. This is the answer, he is the real giver of life. 

 

Finally, he is the Truth. Today we are looking for answer to many questions, about of how to be happy and successful, and Christ gives the answer, my vision of life makes you free to continue your life in fully. I am the fulfilment of your humanity and of your searching of the sense of life. You are created in the form of me. 

 

 

These things seem to us so obvious, but God wants to remind about it for us, in time, we are so often lost and discouraging. Yes, O Lord, you’re our Way, Life and Truth. Amen. 

 

 


(J 14, 1-12 ) 
Jezus powiedział do swoich uczniów: "Niech się nie trwoży serce wasze. Wierzycie w Boga? I we Mnie wierzcie. W domu Ojca mego jest mieszkań wiele. Gdyby tak nie było, to bym wam powiedział. Idę przecież przygotować wam miejsce. A gdy odejdę i przygotuję wam miejsce, przyjdę powtórnie i zabiorę was do siebie, abyście i wy byli tam, gdzie Ja jestem. Znacie drogę, dokąd Ja idę". Odezwał się do Niego Tomasz: "Panie, nie wiemy, dokąd idziesz. Jak więc możemy znać drogę?" Odpowiedział mu Jezus: "Ja jestem drogą i prawdą, i życiem. Nikt nie przychodzi do Ojca inaczej, jak tylko przeze Mnie. Gdybyście Mnie poznali, znalibyście i mojego Ojca. Ale teraz już Go znacie i zobaczyliście". Rzekł do Niego Filip: "Panie, pokaż nam Ojca, a to nam wystarczy". Odpowiedział mu Jezus: "Filipie, tak długo jestem z wami, a jeszcze Mnie nie poznałeś? Kto Mnie zobaczył, zobaczył także i Ojca. Dlaczego więc mówisz: Pokaż nam Ojca? Czy nie wierzysz, że Ja jestem w Ojcu, a Ojciec we Mnie? Słów tych, które wam mówię, nie wypowiadam od siebie. Ojciec, który trwa we Mnie, On sam dokonuje tych dzieł. Wierzcie Mi, że Ja jestem w Ojcu, a Ojciec we Mnie. Jeżeli zaś nie, wierzcie przynajmniej ze względu na same dzieła. Zaprawdę, zaprawdę powiadam wam: Kto we Mnie wierzy, będzie także dokonywał tych dzieł, których Ja dokonuję, owszem i większe od tych uczyni, bo Ja idę do Ojca".



   Ewangelia V Niedzieli Wielkanocnej wprowadza nas w czas, kiedy Jezus był świadomy swojej męki i śmierci. Chciał dać nadzieję i siłę, tym, którzy mogli wątpić w Jego misję.

 

Powiedział do Apostołów; idę do mojego Ojca, nie bójcie się, bo wiele jest mieszkań w Królestwie mojego Ojca. Pan znał ich stan psychiczny, byli jeszcze słabi, niestali w wierze.

 

Dzisiaj Chrystus chce zrobić to samo, ponieważ nie różnimy się tak bardzo od Apostołów. Oczywiście my mamy własne problemy, oni mieli swoje, ale natura braku stabilności jest taka sama. My, ludzie XXI wieku, przeżywamy kryzys wiary i pewności naszej chrześcijańskiej godności.

 

Jezus nazywa siebie Drogą, Życiem i Prawdą. W tym zdaniu zawarta jest cała godność Boga. Chrystus jest Drogą, to znaczy jedyną osobą, która prowadzi do Ojca; Ja i Ojciec jedno jesteśmy, jeśli chcesz zobaczyć Ojca, przyjdź do Niego przeze mnie. Wszystko to oznacza, że jest jedyne dzieło zbawienia w Chrystusie.

 

Jezus jest Życiem, daje prawdziwy smak życia, Jego pokój i radość jest naturalna, nie sztuczna, jeśli ktoś w Nim żyje, nie ma możliwości istnienia bez Jego pokoju i radości. To jest odpowiedź na nasze wątpliwości, on jest prawdziwym dawcą życia.

 

Wreszcie On jest Prawdą. Dziś szukamy odpowiedzi na wiele pytań, jak być szczęśliwym i odnosić sukcesy, a Chrystus daje odpowiedź, moja wizja życia daje wolność, aby w pełni żyć. Jestem spełnieniem Twojego człowieczeństwa i Twojego poszukiwania sensu życia. Jesteś stworzony na moje podobieństwo.

 

 

Te rzeczy wydają się nam takie oczywiste, ale Bóg chce nam o tym przypominać, z czasem tak często się gubimy i zniechęcamy. Tak, Panie, Ty jesteś naszą Drogą, Życiem i Prawdą. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

The Accession of the Lord.... Wniebowstąpienie Pańskie...

  Mark 16:15-20 Go out to the whole world; proclaim the Good News Jesus showed himself to the Eleven and said to them:   ‘Go out to the whol...